Thursday, May 10, 2007

Springfield Wikipedia Article

The first article that I chose to edit was the Springfield Township article. Throughout the time that I was editing the article there were a few other editors who were also making corrections. These other editors would catch mistakes, such as the one I made where I accidentally didn't catch that a piece of information was already stated in the article, as well as add in references. For my edits I added some information about Springfield that I thought was good for the article. Changes were made by people on my edits, for example catching my mistake about the one fact, and we went back and forth a little in our opinions as to where this should be placed. So it kind of showed an interesting difference of opinion and how wikipedia really works. Overall, I think the article has made some slight improvements, nothing too drastic, throughout my time editing it.

Links to Article Edits:
First Wikipedia Edit
Wikipedia Article 1 Second Edit
Wikipedia Article 1 Edit 3

No comments: