Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Class Material Post 4 - Stiuqxela Experiment

In class we have been discussing the stiuqxela search engine experiment. At the end of the stiuqxela experiment there is a very nice prize of a $500 donation to Thoroughbred Charities of America in your name in order to rescue a horse. What I thought was interesting about this experiment is that apparently I was right behind Mike's blog in the experiment. The reason I found that interesting is because I only had one small entry about stiuqxela on my blog. Originally, I would have thought that the only way to be up there in the Google search would've been to have more entries about stiuqxela and lots of links and things related to the experiment. Apparently, this is not always true and that there is a lot more to Search Engine Optimization. Possibly could it have to do with the activity on my blog being more frequent? Just an idea...

Also, another player has come into this experiment, an outside source who is apparently a friend of Mike's. Currently, his article about the stiuqxela experiment is number one in the Google search. The article is on the EzineArticles website and it is called The Mystery Behind Stiuqxela. Hopefully, by adding his link to my blog, this could help my standings, but we'll see because he seems to have a pretty tight hold on that number one spot.

No comments: