Thursday, February 22, 2007

First Wikipedia Edit

I have just made my first edit to a wikipedia article. The first article I chose to edit was one about Springfield Township, Union County, New Jersey. The reason I chose this article is because Springfield is my home town and where I spent my entire childhood through high school. Initially when I read the article the first thing I saw was the population for 2000. I realize that there is no data about the exact population now, but I was curious to see how rapidly the town is growing because I know that there has been some over crowding in the school systems since I graduated from high school in 2003. So I added this sentence: According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the population estimate for 2005 is 14,738. This way it can give the reader a sense of how Springfield is growing. The link to the article is Springfield Township, feel free to check it out!

No comments: