Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Comment on Classmate's Blog 2

As I was looking through some of the blogs I noticed an article on Kristie's Blog about an article called "Why Exercise Boosts Brainpower." I thought that this looked interesting and decided to take a look at the article. The article, as Kristie mentioned, spoke about a study done on mice that showed growth of a certain cell in the mice in the region that effects age-related memory decline. So, essentially the article was saying that exercise can help in human growth in that area of the brain as well. Unfortunately, I was unable to click through to a linked article on CNN.com to read more about this study. I think this could be a very important fact, if proven to be true. My grandmother is afflicted with the beginning stages of Alzheimer's and my uncle had it as well. If there could be some link to exercise and this disease or memory loss in general this could be extremely important and hopefully eventually we can find a cure or prevention for this terrible disease.

I also thought it was amusing that on the blog there were some funny comments posted about the article and the study. It was amusing to see and I'm sure people are skeptical about it and I don't blame them.

No comments: